Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Change or a new beginning

Ever wonder if its time for change but you just dont know what to change or if you even need to change?. Sometimes we might confuse ourselves with change and new beginnings. I think both are very similar but I believe change comes when you know there is something you want to do or are doing, and there is somewhere you want to go or get to, but whatever it is you are doing can't seem to take you there. However, starting something new is when you need a new purpose, a new beginning but you don't know where you are going to end up.

I'm at a point in life where I think I need a new beginning, a new purpose. Don't get me wrong, i have wonderful things, new things, that happened to me in 2013 and carried over the new year. The birth of my son, the new apartment where we moved in, new friends, new work schedule. Nevertheless i still feel the need of a new "something". Could it be that motherhood brought this new feelings as a way to prepare me and provide better for now, my family? Is it a hormonal derived need to start something new or a genetically biological want that's triggered by giving birth? Who knows, all i know that as a professional woman of the 21st century and influenced by technology and everything around me i want something new... A new beginning... 

Study shows how mom's brain is changed through pregnancy and leads to mother's behavior towards their baby, such as the feeling to nurture your child. Perhaps this is the reason or  motivation i am now feeling for something new. And here i am, starting this journal about anything and everything that pops in my head. Im excited about this little chapter in my life. There are many wonderful things that happen  on a daily basis we take for granted. Life brings wonderful little things that are important to record. Its as easy as picking up your phone and snapping a picture, twitting a phrase or changing the mood of your Facebook status. This is the era of sharing and communicating and challenging ourselves on a daily basis.


See, I am doing a new things
 Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness 
and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:19

“For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning."


(Little Gidding)” 





No comments:

Post a Comment